Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Another Submission

Last year I had made a resolution that never quite saw fruition... and no, it wasn't the one where I lose a bunch of weight and become a fabulous host of my own talk show on Book TV, it's the one where I submit something each and every month to a publisher or agent. Since I didn't end up doing that last year, I'll try again this year.

Solarion Heat counts as my January submission, which also turned into a sale.
I also submitted a novella "Mind Games" to Red Sage. Technically, that would be a second January submission, but it's all semantics. February is a short month anyhow. So, two for January is worth none if February or two in the bush. Whatever.

"Mind Games" is actually the sequel to my December release from Red Sage, but takes place thirty years after and stars Jesse and Soran's son Damien. Though the country had been saved by his parents they couldn't undo the damage done by nearly two centuries of polluted atmosphere. As a result, psychic powers are on the upswing and the infant government is scared of the psychic pair bonds called Varteks. Damien knows his partner is out their somewhere, he can feel her, now he has to find her before the governement agents move in.

- I haven't decided what my next project will be. I'm working on Immorati's sequel and want to get back to my other sci-fi's that I can send to Samhain. These will be full length novels. I'm over my head with half-finished projects that need completed. If I don't finish them by June, then at least July.

Busy. Busy. Busy.

I'm working up the nerve to email my Samhain editor and submitting my "Akadian Awakening" concept to them. Four novellas, one for each season and goddess. Maybe I'll try that one in Feb. But I need good outlines for the other 3 stories in the collection. I've again made up my own mythology and world, and I think I want to go back and look at the world I created and add some words so I can flesh it out a bit more. Now that I don't have the burden of word count on my back I can spin a longer yarn.

-Kat

3 comments:

Two Voices Publishing said...

One submission per month is a great goal. You can do it! You're off to an auspicious start. Get writing!

Antonia Pearce said...

One submission a month?!!!! You are a writing phenomenon!!!

Yay on the sale of Solarion to Samhain! Definitely sub the Akadian Awakening concept--it's wonderful. IMHO. ;-)

You are a great role model! I can't keep up with you, but you do inspire me to try harder!!

Anonymous said...

Meer, you've always have expected so much of yourself...and it looks like as though it is paying off. I just hope when you get that tv talk show that our cable provider here will carry it!